Training through research
In the framework of my research activities, I have trained (supervised or co-supervised) 4 PhD students, 4 post-doctoral students, 11 Master trainees and 4 L3 trainees. I also teach regularly in international schools.
- Quantum Field Theory course in M2 Particles Astroparticles Cosmology (30h/year, co-habilitated by Univ. Paris-Sud) from 2014 to 2018,
- Exercises on the same subject in M2 Quantum Physics (now part of the ICFP master, 18 h/year, co-habilitated by Univ. Paris-Sud) from 2006 to 2009.
- Exercises of Quantum Mechanics in L3 Fundamental Physics (30h/year, Univ. Paris-Sud) from 2007 to 2009,
- Exercises and lab sessions of Point Mechanics, Optics and Electricity in L1 Mathematics and Computer Science (64h/year, Univ. Paris-Sud) from 1997 to 2000,
- Exercises of Mathematics and Physics (60h/year) from 2000 to 2002 at L1 and L2 levels at the Univ. Southampton (UK).
Dissemination of knowledge
• I have carried out outreach activities for high school students and their teachers in my field of research (seminars, articles, Élémentaire magazine, book published by Dunod eds., educational games, MOOC, radio and press interviews, training of high school teachers, etc.).
• I participated in popularisation actions around physics in general (trainings, pedagogical posters, websites, articles) in the framework of the Centre de Vulgarisation de la Connaissance/Service Compas de l’UFR Sciences from 2000 to 2018.
• I took part in more occasional activities of animation and scientific popularization within the framework of the Diagonale Paris-Saclay and for the Paris-Sud Section of the French Physical Society (president of section from 2015 to 2017).
• I have provided training on popularisation, in particular to M1 Physics and Chemistry Education and Primary Education (20h/year, Univ. Paris-Sud) from 2010 to 2013, and more occasionally for M2 Medical Imaging and Radiophysics (Univ. Paris-Saclay).
• Since 2010, I have been involved in the organisation of a national summer school on the physics of the two infinities,supported by the Labex P2IO, which welcomes about thirty L3 students, mainly in laboratories linked to Univ. Paris-Saclay (15 days in July).